- quality education and after-school programs for all our kids
- guaranteed quality, affordable health care
- public financing of election campaigns
- dismantling racism and promoting racial justice
- a more progressive tax system
Our power comes from the grassroots: people coming together to push the edge of the possible. Every new member helps bring New York and America closer to a society that works for all of us!
Citizen Action of New York has eight chapters and affiliates in major cities across New York State. Each is a vibrant local organization with local leadership, paid professional organizing staff, a local agenda and an active, diverse membership. Each has developed a strategy, program and structure to meet the organizing and political challenges that most affect their region. At the same time, all share overall goals and a statewide program.
Citizen Action is also the New York State affiliate of USAction, which brings together citizen organizations from around the country to form a strong national progressive voice.
Click here for a current list of jobs available with Citizen Action of New York.