Show up to the LAST public hearing by the NY legislature on the Climate & Community Protection Act! Following 5 hearings led by the Senate earlier this year, this one is led by Assemblymember Steve Englebright. There are just a few weeks left in the legislative session – and it’s time to win bold climate, jobs, and justice policy for New York.
Join us for a 10am rally on the steps of City Hall, across the street from where the hearing will take place. ARRIVE BY 9:45!
SPEAKERS INCLUDE AMAZING CLIMATE JUSTICE LEADERS FROM BUFFALO TO NYC:
– Lead sponsor of the CCPA, Assemblymember Steve Englebright
– Senator Julia Salazar, Environmental Conservation Committee Member
– Valentina Ossa and Zayne Cowie, student Climate Strike leaders (12 and 9 years old!)
– Elizabeth Yeampierre, UPROSE
– Eddie Bautista, NYC Environmental Justice Alliance
– Lorraine Pierre-Destine, RN, New York State Nurses Association
– Luz Velez, PUSH Buffalo
– Leandra Requena, Make the Road NY
– Fernando Ortiz, The Point CDC
– Xiye Bastida-Patrick, high school student & climate activist, Peoples Climate Movement
When we pass the Climate & Community Protection Act, we will:
– Move NY’s whole economy off fossil fuels
– Invest in communities of color & low-income communities
– Create good, green jobs that pay family sustaining wages
MEDIA INQUIRIES: firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQ: “Can I join the hearing afterwards?”
The hearing starts at 11am – feel free to join us to head over to the hearing room! However, based on our previous experience with a hearing in this space, security may restrict entrance based on space in the room. Coming to the rally at 10am is the best way to show your support!