A membership with Citizen Action of New York is a direct investment in local leadership development at the grassroots level, and that’s a promise. Our leaders are constantly pushing the edge of the possible.
Each organizer in every region is cultivating an engaged community in the issues that affect everyday people. The membership dues from our supporters are directly turned into resources for skills-based training and leadership opportunities for individuals in our communities.
New York finally has a progressive majority in the State Senate, but the work is just beginning to achieve the change we need.
Be a sustaining member and fund leaders gearing up for the fight to:
- End Wall Street ownership of our elected officials by passing public financing of elections;
- Transform our criminal justice system through pretrial reforms;
- Secure full, equitable funding for our public schools;
- Combat climate change by moving New York to a carbon-free energy system; and
- Expand health coverage for all New Yorkers, including immigrants.
Organizing at the grassroots amplifies the voices of communities so they cannot be ignored, and we wouldn’t be able to do that without you.
- Immediate action emails to amplify your voice through new media online;
- Weekly newsletters sent right to your inbox;
- Regional updates highlighting local actions across the state;
- A personal invite to our annual meeting at the Justice Works Conference; and
- Unlimited opportunity to plug into the movement anywhere that you are and in anyway that you can.
It’s because of our members that we can continue the fight for a New York that works for all of us, and not the wealthy few.
Thanks for all that you do.
If you are a current member and have a question about your membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: because of the essential grassroots lobbying we do on education, after-school programs, health care, living wage, campaign finance reform and affordable public transit, contributions are not tax deductible. If you would like to make a tax deductible contribution to our research and education affiliate, the Public Policy and Education Fund, please click here.